Birkenstock developed and created the world's first flexible deep cork footbed. Only premium raw materials are used for the Original Birkenstock Footbed: light natural cork, the finest jute yarn and premium quality natural latex.
These select materials play a major role in providing the one-of-a-kind comfort and pain-relieving properties of Birkenstock shoes.
Our feet bear more strain and stress in a lifetime than most people recognize. Their lifelong "heavy-duty task" is to keep the body in balance, cushion shocks and carry the whole weight of the body. Knowing this, every person should make it a priority to keep his or her feet fit and properly supported.
The shape of the Original Birkenstock-Footbed enables the body weight to be distributed evenly over the whole foot, providing it with the best support. Neglecting our feet, on the other hand can be a costly health error and the road to lots of pain.
Characteristics of the Footbed
- Provides excellent support to the feet
- Is made of high quality and natural materials.
- Has a deep heel cup which is healthy for the spine and provides stability.
- Has cushioned (shock-absorbing) insole.
- Has a flexible and lightweight footbed.
- Features more toe room which enhances natural walking action.